Here are some specific instructions in regards to making images inside a PDF 508 Compliant:
- All images, grouped images, and non-text elements in the Adobe PDF must have alternative text descriptions.
- The PDF document must be free of scanned images of text.
- Any complex images in the Adobe PDF must provide a reference to descriptive text for the image.
- All multiple associated images on the same page (boxes in an organization chart) must be grouped as one object.
- All multi-layered objects in the PDF must be flattened into one image and have one Alternative Text description provided.
The above image shows alternate text being added to an image in a PDF