Here are some specific instructions in regards to making images inside your Microsoft Word document 508 Compliant:
- All images, grouped images and non-text elements in the Microsoft Word document that convey information must have alternative text descriptions.
- Complex images must have descriptive text immediately after the image.
- The document must be free of background images or watermarks.
- The image text wrapping style "In Line with Text" must be used for all images.
- Multiple associated images must be Grouped as One Object.
- All multi-layered objects must be flattened into one image and use one Alternative Text description for the image.
- Text boxes must not be used for simple graphics.