Here are some specific instructions in regards to making 508 Compliant tables inside Microsoft Word Documents:
- Microsoft Word document tables must be used to create a tabular structure.
- All tables must read from left to right, top to bottom.
- Tables containing data must have the first row designated as a "Header Row" in table properties.
- Tables must not use merged cells.
- If tables are used they should be described and labeled.
- Rows should not break across pages as it will make it more difficult. In Microsoft Word, Table properties, the "Allow to break across pages" must be unchecked.